August 15, 2006

Back in the USA


It's been hard to figure out how to conclude my experience in Russia. I've been back almost a week (and you've probably stopped reading the blog), but I wanted to post something about what I've learned and all that. Except I can't. It's been hard making my photo slide show too. What do I show? If a picture is worth a thousand words, what are the words I want to say? All I can do is write out this humorous list I made a few weeks back.



You Know You're In Russia When:
  1. You take toilet paper with you to the bathroom.
  2. You drink yogurt.
  3. You drink tea all the time.
  4. You eat candy and ice cream everyday.
  5. You don't mind being late.
  6. Your car is tiny and old.
  7. You're afraid of the police.
  8. You buy alcohol in a cafe.
  9. Your salad has everything but lettuce.
  10. Everything is in remont.
  11. There is no handicap access.
  12. The lack of hot water doesn't bother you.
  13. Everyone smokes.
  14. The museums start on the second floor.
  15. You carry a plastic bag along with your purse.
Also, I've had some humorous reentry moments. I jumped when the automatic toilet in the airport flushed. I tried to find vodka in the grocery store. I have munched happily on every ice cube in my drink. It's good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home